Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My top ten best movies of the year.

So I figured I would do my top 10 films of the year. While I did see a lot of movies this not a lot where from 2011. So that being said there will be exclusions like Hugo, the girl with a dragon tattoo and several more films. My bottom of the list will be my top 5 disappointments I am not saying these are terrible movies just disappointments.
Number 10
Horrible bosses.
Let me say now this is Colin Farrells best film in a few years. You can tell he had fun which really makes it fun watching. It had so many great jokes, some great comedic performances and a lot of quotes. This years hangover great comedy.

Number 9
Tucker and Dale versus evil
This one took me awhile to see it but when I did I got so many laughs from it. A ton of great homages to different horror classics, and genres. A horror comedy that does everything right from the fantastic chemistry of the leads to not forgetting what came before it. A lot of fun
and the second best comedy of the year

Number 8
Drive angry
As a big fan of Nick Cage and the grind house films, this film was exactly what I wanted. A lot of people hated this movie, they must have not walked into this expecting a grind house film. Excessive, violent and cheesy, also some of the best 3d used in a movie this year. Great gimmicky stuff. A movie to watch with your brain shut off.

Number 7
Final destination 5
Easily after final destination 3 and 4 I did not expect anything good. But the only reason it got this high instead of 10 was it's this years biggest surprise. Instead of the roller coaster of death it really builds some great suspense. A welcome surprise to the series now hopefully it stops.

Number 6
Insidious
What comes across as another paranormal activity ripoff actually turns out as a really great 80's haunting film. It really is not a film for everyone. A lot of weird quirks make this a original film. If it was all weird it would not be on this list what really helps it is that it's actually a creepy film. It's a successfully creepy and original film

Number 5
Troll hunter
What started as a movie I was really excited to see because of how cheesy and over-the-top the trailer was became a thrilling and fun experience. It channels Jurassic park in it's attitude and atmosphere. Really a joy to watch as long as you don't take it to seriously

Number 4
X-men first class
Part spy film part masterfully told origin story part awesome comic film x-men first class is fantastic. Choices 4-1 where already made for me. X-men first class was everything I wanted in the movie. Easily best comic since the dark knight.

Number 3
Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2
Magical, epic, and action pact. A hugely entertaining summer film. A close to perfect finale for a series that has had a amazing run. After seven films and 10 or so years it ended with dignity and the series best moments. Easily the best fantasy film since Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Number 2 
The Muppets
Heartfelt, Funny, and moving truly this is a fantastic film. I loved every moment of this film and after 10 long muppetless years it delivered. Once titled the Greatest Muppet movie ever made it fits. Forth wall jokes and great character jokes show that be it the 70's or the 2000's the muppets haven't missed a step.

Number 1
Super 8
The Muppets had it all but clinched for this years best movie until i saw this film. Part Close Encounters part Cloverfield i was swept away with the intrigue and danger that unraveled in front of me. This film had some great unknown child actors that you'd never guess that most of them this was there first movie. They nailed it, every line delivered worked, every tear felt real. For myself not only is this 2011's best movie but easily is a Sci-Fi classic, on par with the greats.



No comments:

Post a Comment