Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Top 10 most disappointing

So this is my top 10 or well bottom 10 disappointments for this year. Lets start off. Not all of these films are considered bad, just disappointing in my eyes.


Number 10
Thor
Well all considering this is a Good movie but it still was a pretty big disappointment.Why, you ask? because it was your standard cut and paste superhero film. As I said there is nothing out rightly bad about it, it just came across mediocre. Loki was great, Thor was great, Natalie Portman was well...Natalie Portman. I Have seen her character before many times. Her sister(?) was what really drove this movie down, she was just plan annoying. Your standard comic relief character. I still do recommend to check it out because it is a fun ride but just don't expect a lot out of it.

Number 9
Green Lantern
After a fantastic second trailer my hopes where high. I will admit to being a Ryan Reynolds fan so that helped me get excited. But then I saw the final product, wow was I let down. This movie like Thor falls into the cut and paste formula but unlike thor it seemed like the editors tore apart this film./It felt like half and hour was missing. Even the extended cut was way to short. I demand more OA and corps interaction if we ever see a seqeal. All around kind of a meh film with a terrible antagonist design.

Number 8
Preist
This ranks so high because I wanted it to be a decent film. It wasn't while not as bad as many films I have seen it was a train wreck of editing. The censors took a clever and took away all of the potential this film had. It seemed nutered. Karl Urban gave a fun performance that really desearved a better movie. Honestly this movie has been torn apart by a lot of people in better ways than me so I won't say anymore.

Number 7
Season of the Witch
What a movie, I honestly went into this film with low expectations but expected a laugh from it. It was being considered this years Devil with such bad writing that you have to laugh. But it was slow, boring and all around a lame film this is easily one of 2011 worst movies. .


 Number 6:
Bereavement
While yes I did give this film a decent review I still was disappointed by it. The box cover promised "Shocking and disturbing" and what I got was " cliche and generic" If I where to review this movie now it would get a much lower score. It was well shot and had a few decent scenes but nothing new was brought into the genre. Not a horrible film just not very good.

Number 5:
Laid to rest 2: Chrome Skull
While the first film was enjoyable for its over- the- top kills and decent characters this one really didn't work. Its characters where awful and annoying. While I admit I like films with bad characters this one couldn't be redeemed. Just meh, I had a lot of hope for this one too.





Number 4:
Hatchet 2
Another Slasher film I had hopes for, well that shows me. While the first film managed comedy and horror very well, this one only did comedy. Way to many joke characters, a weak protagonist nothing worked well but the gore. I prefer Gore films with substance (outside of Dead Alive) this had none. Skip this film unless you are a hardcore fan of the first film.

Number 3:
Suckerpunch
Speaking of lack of substance this is the queen of "pretty but with no brains". The barebones story with bad characters (sorry but I like character names that are more than "Baby doll" or "Sweet Pea") that link the animeesc action scenes do nothing for this film. Zach Snyder can make pretty movies, but someone else should write them./I didn't hate this movie, I just wanted A LOT more.

Number 2:
Scream 4 or Scre4m
I could rant on about this miserable film in fact I did review it but I HATED this movie. Nothing good came from it. I will keep it short and simple, A movie from a director that has remade 3 of his films (The hills have eyes, Last house on the Left, and Nightmare of Elms street) made a movie that makes fun of remakes...lolwut? Skip this film, watch those remakes instead

Number 1:
Paranormal Activity 3
BOO! BLARG! ... yeah thats what its like watching this crapfest, jumpscare after jumpscare. What was once a series that rebeled against the Grudges of this word, that had dozens of jumps in them, became one of those films. I left the theater going "Holy crap that was intense" and a day later was pissed off at what this movie. A spit in the face of all the huge fans of the first  two. It also graced us with the trailer of the recent crapstorm that is The Devil Inside. A miserable film, what I would consider the worst if it wasn't for Little Red Riding Hood. Stay away from this movie and its new seqeal next halloween and maybe they will stop.

*Due to Computer issues I could not get posters for all the films. I will fix this later on, sorry for it being jarring*

No comments:

Post a Comment